1.Click here: Encyclopedia Britanica and login using: austin2 as the username and austin2 as the password.
2.Type Rosa Parks into the search box to the right of the detective and click Go.
3.Click on the first blue link that says Parks, Rosa above the photo.
4.Read the paragraphs 4, 5, & 6 (your teacher read you the first 3) and answer the question:
Who led the boycott of the Montgomery buses after Rosa Parks refused to change seats
(WRITE ANSWER ON ANSWER SHEET!).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
1. Click on this link Rosa Parks & MLK video, watch the video and listen carefully so you can fill in the blank below:
2. "If America is to remain a first class nation, she can no longer have second class _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _."
3. (WRITE ANSWER ON ANSWER SHEET! - might need to look at word wall on projector to help with spelling):
1. Click on this link Britanica Online
2. This time type in the name Mandela in the search box and click GO.
3. Read the paragraph next to his picture and answer this:
Nelson Mandela was South Africa's first black _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (WRITE ANSWER ON ANSWER SHEET!):
Go to Brainpop Jr. (username: austinisd1 password: aisd) and put Carver in the search box and watch the George Washington Carver video.
After watching the video, look at the word wall for that video (underneath the video player) and write down the words that mean
"to switch between crops that take nutrients from the soil and crops that put nutrients back in"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (WRITE ANSWER ON ANSWER SHEET!):
In Brainpop Jr. type Tubman in the search box and watch the Harriet Tubman video.
Answer this question:
An abolishionist wants to end _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Look at your answer sheet. Under certain letters that you have filled in is a symbol. Take the letter above that symbol and copy it above the same symbol in the final solution. See if you get a sentence that makes sense!